225R/RD/RJ 227R/RD 232R/RD 235R Operator's Manual Read through the Operator's Manual carefully and understand the content before using the machine. (CARB, EPA) 101 89 79-95...
– English • Always wear approved protective gloves. • Use anti-slip and stable boots. • Only use non-metallic, flexible cutting elements, that is trimmer head with trimmer cord. Other symbols/decals on the machine refer to special certification requirements for certain markets.
Husqvarna AB has a policy of continuous product development and therefore reserves the right to modify the design and appearance of products without prior notice. Maintenance, replacement, or repair of the emission control devices and systems may be performed by any nonroad engine repair establishment or individual.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION • Incorrect or careless use of a clearing saw, brushcutter or trimmer can turn it into a dangerous tool that can cause serious or even fatal injury to the operator or others. It is extremely important that you read and understand the content of this manual.
2. Stop switch The stop switch should be used to stop the engine. 3. Cutting attachment guard This guard is intended to prevent objects from being thrown towards the operator and to protect the operator from unintentionel contact with the cutting attachment. WARNING! Do not attach any blade to the unit without proper installation of all required...
1) Clearing blades are intended for cutting wood. 2) Grass blades are intended for brush cutting. 3) The trimmer head is intended for trimming grass. 8. Locking nut A locking nut is used to secure some types of cutting equipment on the output shaft.
Control, maintenance and service of the machine‘s safety equipment IMPORTANT INFORMATION • All service and repairs to the machine require special training. • This applies especially to the machine‘s safety equipment. If the machine does not meet any of the controls listed below you should contact your service workshop.
3. Cutting attachment guard • Check that the guard is undamaged and not cracked. • Replace the guard if it has been exposed to impact or is cracked. • Always use the prescribed blade an guard combination, see chapter "Technical data". 4.
6. Cutting equipment This section describes how through correct maintenance and through using the right type of cutting equipment you can: • Reduce the machine‘s tendency to kickback • Obtain maximum cutting capacity. • Increase the service life of the cutting equipment. Four basic rules: 1)Only use the cutting and guard equipment...
• Make sure the knife positioned on the trimmer guard is intact. This is used to cut the cord to the correct length. • To increase the life of the cord it can be soaked in water for a few days.
General safety instructions IMPORTANT INFORMATION • The machine is only designed for trimming grass, brush cutting and/or forestry clearing. • The only accessories to be used with the engine unit as a drive source are the cutting units we recommend in the chapter “Technical data“ . •...
General working instructions IMPORTANT INFORMATION • This section takes up the basic safety precautions for working with the clearing saw and trimmer. • If you encounter a situation where you are uncertain how to proceed you should ask an expert. Contact your dealer or your service workshop.
• Grass trimming is a general term for light clearing, e.g. around edges or around trees. A trimmer head or plastic blade is used. WARNING! Sometimes branches, grass or wood can get caught between the guard and cutting equipment.
Clearing‘s ABC Always use the correct equipment. Always have well adjusted equipment. Follow the safety instructions. Organise the work well. Always use full throttle when applying the blade. Always use a sharp blade. Avoid stones. Guide the direction of fall (use the wind). WARNING! Avoid cutting in the cutting region between 12 and 3 o‘clock on the blade.
• Large stems must be cut from two sides. Determine in which direction the stem should fall. First apply the saw to the felling side. Then cut from the other side to fell the stem. The feed pressure should be applied with regard to the size of the stem‘s hardness.
– English SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS Trimming • The trimmer is ideal to cut grass that is difficult to reach using a normal lawn mower. Keep the cord parallel to the ground when cutting.
16. Clutch cover 17. Handlebar adjustment WHAT IS WHAT? 18. Locking nut 19. Support flange 20. Support cup 21. Drive disc 22. Trimmer head 23. J-handle (RJ) 24. Shaft coupling 25. Socket spanner 26. Operator‘s Manual 27. Transport guard 28. Allen key 30.
Assembling the handlebars (225R/RD, 227R/RD, 232R/RD) • Remove the screw at the rear of the throttle handle. • Slide on the throttle handle on the right-hand side of the handlebars, (see the diagram). • Align the hole in the throttle handle for the fixing screw with the hole on the handlebars.
Assembling the J-handlebars (225RJ) WARNING! When fitting the J-handle only grass blade or trimmer head may be used. Sawblades must not be used. • Unscrew the handle and plastic cover from the handlebar bracket. • Place the handlebars with the handlebar holder on the handlebar bracket.
Assembly of the blade and trimmer head It is extremely important that the disc drive’s/support flange’s guide engages correctly in the cutting equipment’s centre hole when assembling the cutting equipment. Cutting equipment assembled incorrectly can result in serious and/or fatal personal injury.
Use the socket spanner in the tool kit. Hold the handle of the spanner as close to the trimmer guard as possible. The nut is tightened when the spanner is turned against the direction of rotation (left-hand thread). • Fit the trimmer head‘s bottom section (K) on the cover (I) by pressing the two sections together with the cut-outs on the bottom section aligned with the catches on the cover.
Assembling and dismantling the two-part shaft (225RD, 227RD, 232RD) Assembling: • Make sure the handle is loose. • Guide the cut-out on the lower section of the shaft into the coupling‘s locking plate on the upper section of the shaft. The sections are then locked together.
• When working at continuous high revs a higher octane rating is recommended. Two-stroke oil • For the best results use HUSQVARNA two- stroke oil, which has been specially developed for clearing saws and chain saws. Mixing ratio 1:50 (2%).
• Check that the guard is not damaged or cracked. Replace the guard if it is exposed to impact or is cracked. • Check that the trimmer head and spray guard are not damaged or cracked. Replace the trimmer head or spray guard if they are exposed to impact or are cracked.
Carburetor Your Husqvarna product has been designed and manufactured to specifications that reduce harmful emissions. After your unit has been run 8-10 tanks of fuel the engine has broken in. To ensure that your unit is at peak performance and producing the least amount of harmful...
Final setting of the idling speed T Adjust the idling speed with the screw T, If it is necessary to readjust. First turn the idle speed adjusting screw T clockwise until the cutting attachment starts to rotate/ move. Then turn, counter- clockwise until the cutting attachment stops.
Muffler NOTE! Some mufflers are fitted with a catalytic converter. See “Technical data” to see whether you clearing saw is fitted with a catalytic converter. The muffler is designed to dampen the noise level and to direct the exhaust fumes away from the user.
However, before using the machine you should check that the angle gear is filled to 3/4 with grease. Use HUSQVARNA special grease. Normally, the grease does not need to be changed except when the angle gear is repaired.
• Adjust the setting. This should be 1 mm. MAINTENANCE NOTE: Use only HUSQVARNA replacement parts. Use of other brands of replacement parts can cause damage to your unit or injury to the operator or others. Your warranty does not cover damage or liability caused by the use of accessories and/or attachments not specifically recommended by HUSQVARNA.
13,2/6,0 (R) 13,9/6,3 (RD) 99/99 93/99 109/109 106/109 2,8/2,0 2,0/2,2 2,8/2,0 2,2/3,0 2,6/2,8 1,8/2,1 5,0/5,0 2,5/3,6 227R/RD 1,64/26,9 1,38/35 1,10/28 2 700 11 000-11 700 10 000 1,0/ 9 000 Walbro CD Champion RCJ 7Y 0,02/0,5 Walbro WT 1,06/0,5 13,2/6,0 (R)
Technical data Engine Cylinder capacity, cu. in/cm Cylinder bore, inch/mm Stroke length, inch/mm Idling speed, rpm Recommended max. speed, rpm Speed of output axle, rpm Max. engine output, acc. to ISO 8893. kW/rpm Catalytic converter muffler Speed-regulated ignition system Ignition system Manufacturer/type of ignition system Spark plug Electrode gap, inch/mm...
Approved accessories 225R/RD/RJ, 227R/RD Centre hole in blades Ø 20 mm Threaded blade axle M10 Grass blade Saw blade (Not 225RJ) Plastic knifes Trimmer head Edger (RD) Support cup Approved accessories 232R/RD Centre hole in blades Ø 20 mm Threaded blade axle M10...
You are responsible for presenting your small off-road engine to a Husqvarna Forest & Garden authorized servicing dealer as soon as a problem exists. The warranty repairs should be completed in a reasonable amount of time, not to exceed 30 days.