*Please refer to your Use & Care Guide for more details.
To avoid electric shock, which can cause death or severe personal injury, do not connect your
refrigerator to an electrical power source until you have completed Step 2 of these instructions.
If you need to remove the doors to get your refrigerator into the house, please refer to "Removing Doors"
in the Use & Care Guide. These installation instructions are provided only as a possible customer option.
Electrolux recommends that you use a service or kitchen contracting professional to install your refrigerator.
• Shifting the refrigerator from side to side may
If you are installing your refrigerator
without connecting it to a water
• Do not block the toe grille on the lower front of your
supply, make sure the ice maker's
refrigerator. Sufficient air circulation is essential
power switch is turned Off (see the
for proper operation.
Use & Care Guide for more details).
Preparing For Installation
Be sure to coordinate site preparation and installation with your kitchen
Include these minimum guidelines in your site preparation:
• Choose a place near a grounded electrical outlet.
• Do not use an extension cord or an adapter plug.
• Avoid direct sunlight and close proximity to a range, dishwasher or
other heat source.
• Floor should be level and able to support a fully loaded refrigerator.
• The refrigerator's Ice Dispenser requires
water supply access.
• Plan for easy access to counter tops when
• For complete access to drawers and freezer
baskets, doors must be able to fully open.
• Load refrigerator from side of cabinet only.
• Do not run retaining straps over handles nor overtighten straps.
• Never use refrigerator handles to move the refrigerator.
Allow the following clearances for ease of installation, proper air circulation, and
plumbing and electrical connections: Sides & Top:
inch / Rear: 1 inch
Connect Water Supply
Before Installing The Water Supply Line, You Will Need:
• Basic Tools: adjustable wrench, flat-blade screwdriver,
• Access to a household cold water line with water
To avoid electric shock, which can
pressure between 30 and 100 psi.
cause death or severe personal in-
• A water supply line made of ¼ inch (6 mm) OD, copper
jury, disconnect the refrigerator from
or stainless steel tubing. To determine the length of
electrical power before connecting a
tubing needed, measure the distance from the ice maker
water supply line to the refrigerator.
inlet valve at the back of the refrigerator to your cold
water pipe. Then add approximately 7 feet, so the refrigerator can be moved out for cleaning.
• A shutoff valve to connect the water supply line to your household water system. DO NOT use a self-
piercing type shutoff valve.
• A compression nut and ferrule (sleeve) for connecting a copper water supply line to the ice maker inlet valve.
To Avoid Property Damage:
• Copper or Stainless Steel braided tubing is recommended for the water supply line.
Water supply tubing made of ¼ inch (6 mm) plastic is not recommended to be used.
Plastic tubing greatly increases the potential for water leaks, and the manufacturer
will not be responsible for any damage if plastic tubing is used for the supply line.
• Do not reuse compression fitting or reuse thread seal tape.
• DO NOT install water supply tubing in areas where temperatures fall below freezing.
• Chemicals from a malfunctioning softener can damage the ice maker. If the ice maker is
connected to soft water, ensure that the softener is maintained and working properly.
If you are not satisfied with the installation of your refrigerator, please contact the store where you purchased it or call 1-877-435-3287 for assistance.
French Door Bottom Freezer/Refrigerator
To Connect Water Supply Line To Ice Maker Inlet Valve
1. Disconnect refrigerator from electric power source.
2. Place end of water supply line into sink or bucket.
Turn ON water supply and flush supply line until
water is clear. Turn OFF water supply at shutoff valve.
3. Remove plastic cap from water valve inlet and
4. If you use copper tubing - Slide brass compression
nut, then ferrule (sleeve) onto water supply line.
Push water supply line into water valve inlet as far
as it will go (¼ inch). Slide ferrule (sleeve) into valve
inlet and finger tighten compression nut onto valve.
Tighten another half turn with a wrench; DO NOT
overtighten. See Figure 1.
If you use stainless steel tubing - The nut and
ferrule are already assembled on the tubing. Slide
compression nut onto valve inlet and finger tighten
compression nut onto valve. Tighten another half turn
with a wrench; DO NOT overtighten. See Figure 2.
5. With steel clamp and screw, secure water supply line
(copper tubing only) to rear panel of refrigerator as
6. Coil excess water supply line (copper tubing only),
about 2½ turns, behind refrigerator as shown and
arrange coils so they do not vibrate or wear against
any other surface.
Please call 1-877-435-3287 if
you need assistance with this
7. Turn ON water supply at shutoff valve and tighten any
connections that leak.
8. Reconnect refrigerator to electrical power source.
9. To turn ice maker on, lower wire signal arm (freezer
ice maker) or set the ice maker's On/Off power switch
to the "ON" position (fresh food ice maker).
Room temperatures below
55°F (13°C) or above
110°F (43°C) will impair
cooling ability of your
Check with your local building authority for
recommendations on water lines and associated
materials prior to installing your new refrigerator.
Depending on your local/state building codes, Electrolux
recommends for homes with existing valves its Smart
Choice® water line kit 5305513409 (with a 6 ft. Stainless
Steel Water Line) and for homes without an existing
valve, Electrolux recommends its Smart Choice water®
line kit 5305510264 (with a 20 ft. Copper Water Line
with self-tapping saddle valve). Please refer to www.
electroluxappliances.com for more information.
Level Refrigerator & Adjust Doors (if necessary)
Guidelines for final positioning of your refrigerator
• All four corners of the cabinet must rest firmly on the floor.
• The sides should tilt ¼ inch (6 mm) from front to back
(to ensure that doors close and seal properly).
• Doors should align with each other and be level.
Most of these conditions can be met by raising or lowering
the adjustable front rollers.
To level the cabinet using the front rollers:
1 You can raise or lower each door. Use a
wrench to turn the adjustment screws (1 per side).
To raise: turn adjustment screw clockwise.
To lower: turn adjustment screw counterclockwise.
2 Ensure both doors are bind-free with their seals
touching the cabinet on all four sides and that cabinet is
3 After unit is leveled, lower anti-tip leg until it contacts
Plastic Water Tubing
to Ice Maker
Copper water line
from household water supply
(Include enough tubing in loop to allow
moving refrigerator out for cleaning.)
DO NOT REMOVE this label until the refrigerator has been leveled.
Please follow all instructions for leveling your refrigerator.
Doors final adjustment using the adjustable lower hinge (select models, if
1 Open doors to 90 degrees.
2 Remove screw.
3 Lift the door while adjusting the washer.
To raise the door: rotate washer clockwise.
To lower the door: rotate washer counterclockwise.
4 Replace the screw, ensuring it is between the spokes of the hinge washer. Screw will not be
tight, just insert until it is flush with the hinge.
If after adjusting doors higher the door
makes a popping/clicking sound, remove
screw and replace with the longer one
Bottom of Door
Leveling Freezer Drawer (if necessary)
Do Not Remove
DO NOT remove center screw from freezer
drawer. This is a factory adjustment.
Check gasket seal around top,
bottom, and sides of freezer drawer.
If gasket is not sealed, open drawer
and slightly loosen 4 drawer screws
(2 on each side) to allow drawer to
Close drawer and recheck the seal
on the gasket (A). Open the drawer
grabbing by the sides in the center
(B). Be careful not to rotate the
Tighten 4 drawer screws.
Recheck gasket seal.
Install the toe grille by fitting into
Remove Internal Shipping Materials
Electrolux uses packing foam and tape to secure the internal parts of your refrigerator for
shipping. Once the refrigerator is in position, you can remove this material.
Congratulations! You are ready to begin enjoying your new Electrolux refrigerator.
• For important safety instructions and to learn how to operate your refrigerator, please read
the entire Use & Care Guide.
• You may want to start with the "Normal Operating Sights & Sounds" section of the Guide to
learn what to expect during typical operation.
• Please register your product. You can register online at www.electroluxappliances.com. or
you can simply send in the Registration Card.
Installation Check List
Handles are secure and tight
House water supply connected to
Door seals completely to cabinet on all sides
Fresh food doors are level
No water leaks present at all connections
Ice Maker is turned ON.
Refrigerator is level, side to side and tilted
¼ inch (6 mm) front to back
Shipping material removed
Toe grille is properly attached to refrigerator
Cabinet is sitting solid on all corners
Fresh Food and Freezer temperatures set
House power turned on
Refrigerator plugged in
Do Not Remove
From Both Sides
Pull Drawer Out