• Avoid accidental start-up. Make sure that the switch
is in the OFF position before plugging in.
• Do not force tool. It will work most efficiently at the
rate for which it was designed.
• Keep hands away from moving parts and cutting
• Never leave tool running unattended. Turn the power
off and do not leave tool until it comes to a complete
• Do not overreach. Keep proper footing and balance.
• Never stand on tool. Serious injury could occur if tool is
tipped or if blade is unintentionally contacted.
• Know your tool. Learn the tool's operation, applica-
tion and specific limitations.
• Use recommended accessories (refer to page 13).
Use of improper accessories may cause risk of
injury to persons.
• Handle workpiece correctly. Protect hands from pos-
• Turn machine off if it jams. Blade jams when it digs
too deeply into workpiece. (Motor force keeps it
stuck in the work.)
• Always keep drive, cutterhead and blade guards in
place and in proper operating condition.
• Feed work into blade or cutter against direction of
Think safety! Safety is a combination of
operator common sense and alertness at all times
when tool is being used.
Do not attempt to operate tool until it is
completely assembled according to the instructions.
Refer to Figure 1 below.
Check for shipping damage. If damage has occurred, a
claim must be filed with carrier. Check for complete-
ness. Immediately report missing parts to dealer.
IMPORTANT: Remove protective paper from the table
before operating unit.
The planer comes assembled as one unit. Additional
parts which need to be fastened to planer should be
located and accounted for before assembling.
Thumb Screw (2)
C T-handle Hex Wrench (on planer)
Magnet (2, on planer)
Handle with Knob
G 5-0.8 x 25mm Socket Head Bolt with Lock Washer
Figure 1 - Unpacking
Do not attempt assembly if parts are
missing. Use this manual to order replacement parts.
Refer to Figures 2 and 3.
• Handle with knob should be installed to top-right of
• Insert handle with knob onto elevation screw top.
Handle with Knob
Figure 2 - Install Handle
• Secure handle with bolt using T-handle wrench
• Insert plug into handle to cover bolt.
Figure 3 - Secure Handle